PLEASE NOTE: We are currently migrating our website to a new platform. We are not approving new drop ship accounts until after the site transition is complete. Please email Darla if you would like to be contacted when the opportunity to apply has opened again.
Drop shipping saves both time and money for online retailers. We are pleased to offer this courtesy service for selected handmade fair trade baskets, sculpture and home decor items in our collection.
To make drop shipping successful for all parties involved, the following terms apply to businesses entering or extending a drop shipping arrangement with Swahili:
Your account must be approved and designated for Drop Shipping. Please review the terms below, and then contact Customer Service to request Drop Ship activation. You must be able to provide your federal tax identification number to prove that you are operating a legal, registered business, and you must share the URL of your online store so our staff can determine if the products crafted by our artisan partners will be respectfully presented.
Swahili does not provide drop shipping services for shops on Etsy, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon or any other platforms dedicated to presenting the work of original makers.
All items available for drop shipping can now be easily accessed in our Drop Ship category.
- Drop Ship orders:
- Incur a $10 drop ship fee per order.
- Must be submitted through our website.
- May only be placed for items in the Drop Ship Items category.
- May only be shipped in the contiguous United States (since shipping costs to Alaska and Hawaii run very high, we require pre-approval for orders to these destinations).
- Are not subject to a $50 order minimum.
- Are not eligible for promotional discounts.
- Must be paid in full, including shipping, in advance by credit card (even if you have Net 30 terms for your regular store orders).
- Must include your business billing address and your customerís shipping address. You must take responsibility for accuracy of the shipping address.
Swahili offers approved drop ship partners access to a spreadsheet with weekly inventory updates. You, the seller, are responsible for accessing and referencing the inventory spreadsheet and updating your online catalog as necessary. Swahili reserves the right to discontinue items in the Drop Ship category at will, and will indicate that status on the inventory update spreadsheet.
SHIPPING DETAILS FOR DROP SHIP ACCOUNTS
- Swahili does not accept returns or refunds for Drop Ship orders.
- Swahili does not separate sets for shipping.
- All 3rd party returns must be shipped to you, the seller.
- Exchanges are accepted, but all freight costs incurred are billed to you, the seller.
- Exchanges require advanced approval and incur a 15% restocking fee.
- Dimensions and weights of boxes for Drop Ship items will be provided on their product pages. You, the seller, are responsible for calculating shipping fees for your customers.
- LTL shipping quotes for oversize metal sculptures will be provided to you by Swahili. We will arrange pallet shipment for oversize sculpture orders.
- Additional shipping fees may be assessed if the final shipping amount increases due to incorrect address information submitted or additional undeclared requirements at delivery. Swahili agrees to provide proof of shipping costs should this occur.
Refusal to adhere to the terms outlined above may result in revocation of your Drop Ship designation.